Car scratches are common and yet extremely irritating. No car owner likes a scratch or chip on the vehicle that downgrades the look of the car and decreases its resale value –no matter how good the exteriors or car’s performance are. After all, a car is not just a conveyance; for most owners, it is their pride and style statement as well. If you are a car owner living in Melbourne, you can find several workshops that provide scratch and dent repair services. If there are dents in the car, along with scratches, we will advise you to select a car dent repair service rather than repairing it yourself.
However, if there are no dents and only minor scratches, you could remove the same with a car scratch remover. Here is the simple and easy way to remove scratches from your car using a good scratch remover available in the market:
Step 1 – Clean the Area: Clean the surface of the car around the scratch. This is to ensure that no dust particles or foreign substances are left that could mix with the paint. Next, wash the surface with soap and water mixture and thoroughly clean it. To remove wax or oil, you can choose any of the easily available solvents.
Step 2 – Find the Damage: Carefully assess the extent or depth of scratch on the car’s body, as this will help you decide which car paint to select.
Step 3 – Select Paint Type and Colour: This is one of the most important steps – the paint type and color should be an exact match to the existing colour of your car. If in doubt or uncertain, you should rather go to a professional car scratch repair shop in Melbourne, or wherever you live. A mismatched colour looks worse than an untreated scratch.
Step 4 – Apply Paint: Carefully apply the paint in the scratch. Do not overdo it, else it might spread out to the surrounding areas. Keep a gap of at least an hour before applying a second coat, if required.
Step 5 – Dry the Area: If it is a minor scratch, you can use a hot-air blower to dry it. If the scratch is deep and the surface area is large, let the paint dry overnight before checking it.
These steps work well if you have a minor scratch and give your car a new and shining look. However, if there are several scratches and any dents, go for a scratch and dent repair in Melbourne.
You can also request a free inspection and no-obligation quote and pick and drop from any location in Melbourne from BMS Smash Repairs. With our state-of-the-art dent and scratch repair service and experienced car mechanics, we can give your car its original look – just the way you prefer it. Call us now on 0404 934 334 to speak with our experts and to get a free no-obligation quote.
A bumper plays a very crucial role in a vehicle by protecting the front and rear ends against any physical damage. Usually it is a shield made of steel, aluminium, rubber, or plastic that offers protection to the hood, trunk, grill, fuel, exhaust, and cooling systems. In the scenario of a collision, the bumper takes the impact rather than the actual body of the vehicle, in turn protecting all the crucial systems as well as the life of the passengers. They act as shock absorbers and prevent the impact waves from transmitting throughout the vehicle.
Over time, the bumpers can wear out and they will need to be replaced. It is important to maintain the bumper in good condition as they cushion the shock from physical collisions, and a defective bumper means compromised safety levels. The following are some signs that you should go for a bumper bar repair or bumper bar replacement.
- Cracked – If the bumper is cracked, it needs to be replaced. In some exceptional cases, an epoxy and a fiberglass repair kit can be used to repair a bumper. A cracked bumper offers little to no protection during a crash, jeopardising the safety of the vehicle and the passengers, and hence it is crucial to replace them.
- Paint Damage – If there are a lot of scratches or chipped paint on your bumper, it is better to replace it, else a lot of sanding will have to be done to level it. Similarly, if the scratches are deep, they will need to be filled with a compound to even it out. Again, it is a task to get the matching colour to paint the bumper and replacing it would be a better option.
- Damaged or Broken Hooks – A bumper has hooks on them that help them adhere to the valance panel, grill, and splash guard. If these hooks are broken, the bumper may fallat any point. As they cannot be replaced, it is better to replace the bumper.
Quick and Affordable Bumper Bar Repairs in Melbourne
BMS Smash Repairs is an established car service and repair provider in Melbourne. We were envisioned to offer 360-degree solutions to car owners with respect to car smash repair and related services. We are known to offer exceptional services such as not-at-fault specialists, bumper bar smash repairs, car smash services, hail damage repairs, fleet smash repairs, collision repair, paintless dent removal, bumper repairs, insurance-related repairs, panel beating etc, to our clientele in Melbourne.
Bumper bar repairs and bumper bar replacement is our speciality and we attend to a host of cases when it comes to bumper service – surface scrapes and bumper scuffs, bumper scratches (including critical scratches), paint chips, dented Bumpers, and imperfections and blemishes – we cover it all. We are recognised by AMBRA and have on boarded state-of-the-art technology that is guaranteed to offer services at par with international standards.
At BMS Smash Repairs, we have exceptional personnel who are dedicated to their profession and go beyond just being mechanics to experts who deliver impeccable smash repair solutions. We aim to please and hence, we strive to offer the best rates in Melbourne and use only branded, quality products in all our services. BMS Smash Repairs has partnered with all the major insurance providers in Melbourne and we process all the necessary documentation while we take you on board, thus sparing you from the hassle of running around to get the insurance claim. Contact us today on 0404 934 334 for your bumper bar services!
There are many car accident repair shops that you can choose in Melbourne. But if you are looking for the best then here are some features that you need to look out for-
All in One Service: You are always bound to save time at an accident repair shop if they are able to take care of all your needs. Most shops have multiple services like repairs and insurance, but the best ones offer a whole lot more.
Prioritized Repairs: Always choose a repair shop that will prioritize your requirements. Usually, a customer with a good insurance policy is the one who gets to be first in line but when urgent repairs are needed only a few will give you that importance.
Streamlined: Insurance means paperwork and waiting, but at an, all in one repair shop you should be able to have all your payments and paperwork processed in the shortest period possible
Quality: Smash repairers at a good accident repair shop will always keep in mind the quality standards that the customer expects from them.
5 Tips to Select the Best Car Smash Repairs
1) Qualified & Certified: It is important to make sure that your smash repairer has all the certifications needed to work on your car. Only qualified panel beaters can take on smash repairs. So make sure that your repair shop has specialists who are registered with the state and the right authorities.
2) Reputed Repairers: An experienced and skilled smash repairer will always have a reputation that is hard to miss. Their work will be famous and their skills will be talked about. Always make sure that you do enough research on the crew that you approach for your car repairs
3) Clear & Detailed Quotes: A good smash repairer will be honest and upfront with their quotes and billings. There will be no hidden costs and all the services and repairs are done will be detailed in the receipt with full transparency.
4) Punctual Service: Professionals know what to do and how to get it done, which means that they also know how long they will take to finish their job. A good smash repairer will give you a near-perfect timeline for his job completion.
5) Original Parts: If it’s not real then why have it? This should be your approach while replacing or repairing car parts. It is important that a smash repairer uses the best and the original manufacturer parts so that the quality of your vehicle is maintained.
Get the Best Repairs
BMS Smash Repairs is your one-stop-shop for all your car accident repairs. They have the best smash repair crew in Melbourne. They also have expertise in dealing with insurance companies. Call now at 0404 934 334 or go to www.bmssmashrepairs.com.au to get a quote. You can also visit their shop at 2/22 Dandenong St, Dandenong VIC 3175